Merck Millipore Proteinase K
From Tritirachium album
Brand: Merck Millipore 1245680500
Additional Details : CAS Number : 39450-01-6 Weight : 0.00050kg
- Chromatographically purified lyophilized 30 m Anson-U/mg
- For biochemistry and molecular biology EC 184.108.40.206
- Useful for the proteolytic inactivation of nucleases during the isolation of DNA and RNA.
- Removes endotoxins that bind to cationic proteins such as lysozyme and ribonuclease A.
- Reported useful for the isolation of hepatic, yeast, and mung bean mitochondria
- Determination of enzyme localization on membranes
- Treatment of paraffin embedded tissue sections to expose antigen binding sites for antibody labeling.
- Digestion of proteins from brain tissue samples for prions in Transmissible
- Spongiform Encephalopathies (TSE) research.
- Proteinase K is a stable and highly reactive serine protease.
- Evidence from crystal and molecular structure studies indicates the enzyme belongs to the subtilisin family with an active-site catalytic triad (Asp39-His69-Ser224).
- It is stable in a broad range of environments: pH, buffer salts, detergents (SDS), and temperature.
- In the presence of 0.1-0.5% SDS, proteinase K retains activity and will digest a variety of proteins and nucleases in DNA preparations without compromising the integrity of the isolated DNA.
|6.2 to 6.8 (20°C, 10 g/L in H2O)|
|Endopeptidase K, Proteinase K from Tritirachium album, Tritirachium alkaline proteinase|