Laboratory Chairs and Stools
Techsit L-Tech Laboratory PU Sit-Stand
Laboratory Sit-Stand with seat tilt in durable Black PU on Glides
Techsit L-Tech Laboratory High Stool
Laboratory high round stool in Sapphire Antimicrobial Vinyl with adjustable foot ring on Glides
Techsit L-Tech Laboratory High Chair
Laboratory high chair in Black Antimicrobial Vinyl with adjustable foot ring on Glides
Techsit L-Tech Laboratory Low Stool
Laboratory low round stool in Sapphire Antimicrobial Vinyl on castors
Techsit L-Tech Laboratory PU High Chair
Laboratory high chair in durable Black PU with adjustable foot ring on Glides
Laboratory chairs and stools are distinguished by their features. The most important function of a chair or stool is to facilitate good posture and the correct seat height in the work environment for prolonged periods. Posture can change minute to minute, therefore a chair or stool that can adapt to postural changes is important to aid dynamic sitting and promote proper posture to minimise the risk of back strain. The chairs and stools are designed for the laboratory as well as healthcare and production environments and are upholstered in high quality hygienic fabrics for easy cleaning.
Why choose an ergonomic laboratory chair or stool?
- Optimal and adjustable seat height will allow you to place your feet flat on the floor.
- Proper seat width and depth help to alleviate pressure at the back of the knees.
- Seat tilt keeps the pelvis in a neutral position when sitting, allowing for the correct positioning at hips, knees and ankles.
- Backrest and lumbar support allow the user to align the curve with their spine for optimal support and prevent slumping.
- Swivel chairs or stools aide manoeuvrability, making it easier to reach different points of the workstation, as will a chair or stool with casters (wheels).
Typically a stool will lack arms and a back rest, though some modern stools have backs, and variants exist with static legs or casters.