Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Premium Grade BS3
Crosslink proteins and other biomolecules in applications where product integrity and risk minimization are paramount with Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Premium Grade BS3, a high-quality formulation of this popular amine-reactive crosslinker.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ PG82084
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
Thermo Scientific Pierce Premium Grade BS3 is our highest quality formulation of this popular amine-reactive crosslinker, specially characterized for applications where product integrity and risk minimization are paramount. BS3 is a noncleavable, membrane-impermeable, water-soluble crosslinking agent for amines.
- High quality - identity and purity confirmed by multiple tests, including quantitative NMR
- Product integrity - enhanced level of testing and characterization compared to standard grade
- Lot retention - ample supply of past lots retained to help ensure future process testing
- Change management - Change Control Notification (CCN) service
- Consistent manufacture - batch-specific manufacturing documentation review
BS3 is bis(sulfosuccinimidyl)suberate, an amine-to-amine crosslinker that is homobifunctional, water-soluble, non-cleavable, and membrane impermeable. BS3 contains an amine-reactive N-hydroxysulfosuccinimide (NHS) ester at each end of an 8-carbon spacer arm. NHS esters react with primary amines at pH 7-9 to form stable amide bonds, along with release of the N-hydroxysulfosuccinimide leaving group. Proteins, including antibodies, generally have several primary amines in the side chain of lysine (K) residues and the N-terminus of each polypeptide that are available as targets for NHS-ester crosslinking reagents.
- Crosslink cell-surface proteins prior to cell lysis and immunoprecipitation
- Identify receptor-ligand interactions by chemical crosslinking
- “Fix” protein interactions to allow identification of weak or transient protein interactions
- Identify near-neighbor protein interactions
- Crosslink proteins to create bioconjugates via single-step reactions
- Immobilize proteins onto amine-coated surfaces
|Bis(sulfosuccinimidyl) suberate; powder solid|
|Store with desiccant at 4°C.|
|Pierce™ Premium Grade BS3 (bis(sulfosuccinimidyl)suberate)|
|1747mL of typical 1X (1mM) reaction solution, or approx. 500 uses at 2mg reagent per use|