Gibco™ MEM α, GlutaMAX™ Supplement, no nucleosides
Minimum Essential Medium is widely used for mammalian cell culture as well as selection for transfected DHFR negative cells
Brand: Gibco™ 32561037
Additional Details : Weight : 0.58000kg
MEM α can be used with a variety of suspension and adherent mammalian cells, including keratinocytes, primary rat astrocytes, and human melanoma cells.
- Modification of Minimum Essential Medium (MEM) that contains non-essential amino acids, sodium pyruvate, lipoic acid, vitamin B12, biotin, and ascorbic acid
- Modified as follows: with phenol red, GlutaMAX™: without ribonucleosides, deoxyribonucleosides
- Gibco MEM α with GlutaMAX™ supplement minimizes toxic ammonia build-up and improves cell viability and growth in an easy-to-use format
- Made with Earle's salts
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
|Standard Serum Supplementation|
Not for human or animal therapeutic use. Uses other than the intended use may be a violation of local law. For in vitro diagnostic use.